How to Add Social Sharing Buttons to Blogger



Though Blogger has a default social sharing buttons displayed at the end of each post, it looks so dull and do not attract the blog visitors to share the article with their social media friends. Having more visible and more appealing social sharing buttons on our blog/ website can make the readers take action. 



I browsed through many well-written blogs to find a very simple way to do this. But I found that I had to copy too many codes to my Blog Template to make it work. Some didn't work as I wished to though I followed the instructions correctly. I wanted to do very little work on the HTML code since I didn't want to mess with the appearance of my Blog.

Finally, I found an easy way to add Social Share buttons to my blog that looked neat and easy to instal. You don't even have to do much with editing the HTML code of your template if you follow these simple and easy steps.

Here are the 10 simple steps to add Social Sharing Buttons to your blog:


1. Go and create an account in https://www.addthis.com if you don't have one already.
2. Click on "Tools"

3. Choose the "Sharing Sidebar" and click on "Settings" to have your chosen sharing buttons on the widget.


4. Scroll down to choose the desired Theme. Under "Services" choose 'Select Your Own'. Drag the services that you want from the left frame to the right frame. Once you are done, click on the "Update" button



5. We are going to add these social sharing buttons to "Blogger". So scroll down to "AddThis Code" and copy the code from the inside of the text box. 

6. Go to the "Design" page of your blog and Click on "Template"
7. Click on "Edit HTML" button.

8. Click inside the HTML box and press ctrl and F buttons simultaneously to bring the search bar at the top left corner of the HTML code box. Search for </body>.


9. Paste the copied code just above the </body> tag.


10. Click on the "Save Template" button above this HTML code box.

Now go and visit any of your blog posts to see the floating social sharing buttons in the sidebar. This is how my blog looks like.


I hope these 10 steps were easy to follow and that you have your own social sharing buttons on your blog now. Which option did you choose from the available "Sharing Tools" of AddThis.com website? Did you choose "Original Sharing Buttons" or "Sharing Buttons" or "Mobile Sharing Toolbar"?

HAPPY BLOGGING!

For Your Growth
Uma Mahi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment