3 Simple and Easy Steps to Watermark Your Images

Watermarking your images is quite easy. Just follow these steps and you will have your picture watermarked in just a few minutes. I am not a very creative person, but I have tried my hand to do some creative work. haha. So, please bear with me, if the images are not very attractive. I would like to get your thoughts, though. So please DO NOT hesitate to leave your thoughts in the comment below.

I have used two free image editing websites to watermark the photos. One is picmonkey.com and another one is canva.com

The below image is downloaded from pixabay.com and watermarked in picmonkey.com. Can you see the two places where I have watermarked this image? A hidden watermark in the blue area at the top right (I have shown my twitter handle :) )and another at the bottom left.



This free image is from canva.com and watermarked in the same website. You can see the watermark in the center of the photograph. I love beaches :)


I will show the three simple and easy steps to create a watermark in your photos.

First about the watermark in the Mount Rushmore photo.
Step1: Go to http://www.picmonkey.com and click on  and select the image from your computer.

Step 2:  This is the basic Edit Screen. Click on text "Tt" and then click on "Add Text". You will see a text box on the image.

Step 3: Type the word in the text box. Select the desired "Blend Mode". (Refer the screenshot below). I chose "Overlay". You can choose any type of overlays from the available overlay options. And then adjust the "Fade" slider pointer to get your desired level of fade effect on the text. You can use the "Size" bar to adjust the size of your text. If you want to change the place of the text on your photo,  click on the image and drag it to move.



One more sample watermarked image of mine that I did in picmonkey.com

Before the watermark

After the watermark


Secondly, I will show you how you can do it in canva.com.

You have to create your own user account in canva.com to use the website.

1.  Go to http://www.canva.com. Choose the design. Click on "UPLOADS" and 'upload your own image' from your computer.

Canva image editor
  
2. Drag the image to the design area. Click on 'Text', choose the text style and type the Text.


3. When you click on the text, you will get the format bar and you will get the formatting options when you click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the bar.

Adjust the transparency of the text to get a nicely watermarked photograph.

But before actually learning to watermark your images or photographs, you have to know why should you watermark your images.

Do you want to watermark a bunch of photos? Then here are the detailed step by step instructions.

I have given below some of the watermarked images. I hope you will get some inspiration.
    
This beautiful image was watermarked using a design application called "Photoshop" version 7 by Sarah

A hidden watermarked image below - photo credit: J.P.Robertson via photopin cc

If you found this post useful then please share it with your social media friends.

Have you watermarked your images? Going to do that? I will feel happy if you could take a moment to come back and leave a link to your watermarked image in the comment  below.

HAPPY BLOGGING!

For Your Growth :)
Uma Mahi.

No comments:

Post a Comment